Monday 2 January 2012

New Year's Message/Where Are They Now?

I need to detox for a few days, get my head in a 2012 mindframe and so on.

Whilst I scrabble around desperately for some content, you can spend the next few days listening to some of the artist I've profiled and see what they've been up to since.

I have know idea what I will be listening to in 2012, what I will be raving about and what music will be deemed 'progressive' enough for the blog but all the fun is in finding out. Have a look at the past, raise a toast to the future.
______________________________________________________________________

Sima





You heard Sima back in July and since then...

Brought out an album hot on the heels of Texture. Called it Softness. Yet another apt title, the physical copies have sold out. You can by it on Bandcamp and at the price it's being sold at I suggest you do.





BNRY




Profiled all the way back in September. 

Since then has been playing shows here there and everywhere (e.g Rhythm Factory 6th Jan).

Here's his latest Soundcloud offering - a remix of a Kelly Rowland classic.

   Kelly Rowland - Dilemma (BNRY Remix) by BNRY

Neverest Songs






Profiled back in August, here's how Neverest Songs rounded off the year on his website:



As this year starts to close, I thought I should just let people know what I’m up to. Throughout this year I’ve been writing and recording for a second album, it’s quite a large number of songs actually and while I’m still deciding exactly what to do with them all, expect an album first half of 2012.

I’m aiming to post up some of the new tracks soon so keep an ear out. I’ve played the last show of this year but will start to rehearse new material and live set-ups, and book more shows in the new year.

If you missed them, I put out two releases this year, Paper Trumpets was a double single on 7″ & digital, also a film score album called All That Glitters, which is free to download. Right now I’m feeling pretty excited about making music in the year to come, thanks to anyone that’s listened already. x


Umber



Profiled back in July. Is turning into quite the prolific artist what with a blog showcasing new tunes and 2 EP's in 2011, one I put on here, the other called Earth Feet, Lifted, came out in November.




LA2019









No comments:

Post a Comment