Friday 13 January 2012

CLOUDKICKER


Explore, be curious.

Great words there. It’s the title of a Cloudkicker song. Hailing from Columbus, Ohio, Cloudkicker's music is a mix of ambient and post-rock and the result is some inventive music.

By using a variety of pop culture references I’ve cobbled together this image of Ohio being a place where they grow corn and decide who the Democratic nominee is going to be.  But seriously, if you live in Ohio and make great music what would inspire you:

Obviously I feel a lot from all sorts of different music, and that's probably the number one thing. Sometimes I'll get a song or album or something in my head for days at a time and be compelled to explore that just to get it out of my head. 

Once I've gotten started on a song or project I interject a fair amount from whatever is going on around me or whatever I have bouncing around in my head. To me, writing music is as much about communication as writing a book would be, I just feel like I'm better at music than words.

Modest. Those are more great words.

I’ve put his latest album, Let Yourself be Huge, below. Can’t recommend highly enough that you check out Loop, an album of short, sharp ambient/guitar riffs/



No comments:

Post a Comment