Wednesday 6 July 2011

LA2019


Here is the video for Arctic Stars Melt The Clouds, the leadoff single from Deco, the debut EP from LA2019. It reminds me of Brighton, and coincidentally, is set in Brighton. I asked LA2019, or Tom Skyrme what was the inspiration behind the video:

Arctic Stars Melt the Clouds was the second track I wrote for the EP so the video was shot a while back when I was living in Brighton. For me, the song really captured the essence of living in Brighton. I wanted to embed that into the video. I wanted to take the solidarity and camaraderie that you have with really close friends and place that into the concept of the EP. The video really reflects the EP concept in a multitude of ways, with its heavy film and nostalgic future influences. 


I like the video itself because Jacob Perraton [Director] slowed it all right down, edited and coloured it in a way I hadn't even imagined and it fit perfectly. I'd have to say what I enjoyed the most was staying up until 4am with Akin, Jake, Sean and Teej drinking, waiting for the perfect blue sky to start shooting.



Staying up late, as usual, has been entirely vindicated. So Deco is out on 15 July and what can we expect? Well, from the horses mouth, I’ve been told to expect synths and drum machines held together by a “1980’s film sound.”   

The release of this is an intriguing one as there are a limited number of individual photos, taken by Tom on holiday, that are available along with a download code. The future is indeed now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment