Friday 27 May 2011

Listening to: Jonquil


Because I’m the sort of person who is constantly thinking about this sort of thing, the other day  I was reflecting on what my favourite albums had been so far this year. So I got to thinking, trawling through the recesses, then thought Jonquil. Yeah, Jonquil they would be up there. If only for the slight twig that their One Hundred Suns EP came out in November.

So to make up for that fact I thought I would write about them here and now. Their One Hundred Suns EP is this mix of surf – rock and afrobeat. The rhythm is very catchy and the overall feel will take you drifting  to a beach. For both of these things you have to credit the succession of excellent guitar melodies.

Pop music, the sort that isn’t hugely commercial successful, is perhaps stronger than ever. Jonquil and their made for summer EP, One Hundred Suns, are proof of this.

You can get the EP here, or at least listen to it in full. If you're in LDN this weekend and have a ticket for Camden then, well, work it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment