Friday 6 May 2011

Listening to: Colour




Allow an old man to indulge in the past if you will: Colour came into my life in 2008, in the long hot summer of that year their music – which can be described as intelligent and poppy math rock - had my attention. I liked them. They were something new and different. Fast forward a whole 3 years and I realise just what a great outfit they were. I say were as they broke up a while back, creative tensions no doubt.

They succeeded where so many failed, along with the musical talent was a falsetto voice worthy of the name, lyrics which held up to some sort scrutiny and, to compliment the trickery of their long verses, catchy codas which were accessible, unashamedly so.

Now, as part of some inevitable nostalgia trip, and also because I finally found ‘Anthology’, an album (of sorts) of their work, I listen to them incessantly. You should too.

I’ve put Chutes on here. Anthology is on Spotify, if you’re still willing to go there. Silverbeast, Tallulah’s My Mother’s Name and Over The Moon come highly recommended.


 Colour - Chutes by TobyBakare 



No comments:

Post a Comment