Wednesday 9 March 2011

'lunacy is mad' I think that's what he's saying?


I went to see Tubelord play Shoreditch last night. As a band they seem to have gone through a few changes, the last time I saw them their bass player was a completely different person and they didn’t have a man on synths. Now as a four-piece they brought their goods to the table and the audience lapped it up  - all except an insanely aggressive amateur photographer who must have had his drink spiked or his girlfriend break up with him, or something.

They also brought with them a clutch of new tracks. Very rarely do I take instantly to new material, especially if I am hearing it live for the first time. But their new stuff had me instantly;there is more in the way of processed beats and a bit more experimentation all round. And so I went from being nostalgic, me remembering past gigs and past triumphs such as ‘Night of Pencils’, to thinking of the future. I await the new album with keen interest.   

Here’s one their new tracks, ‘Bazel’. Note the lead singers Rihanna style hairdo, I certainly did.

The album is out very soon – I don’t know when. Early birds can pre-order a copy, with exclusive content, here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment